Many beauty seekers are troubled by the thick hair on their legs or face. Especially when summer comes, they dare not wear their favorite beautiful skirt to go out. In order to reduce hair, depilation cream or knife scraping are often used for depilation. Although the effect is fast, there are great disadvantages. The pores are larger and larger, and the hair is longer and faster. How can we do effective hair removal? Laser hair removal helps you.
What is laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is to destroy hair follicle tissue by laser and make it lose the function of regenerating hair. There will be slight tingling, pigmentation or blisters, but good care can recover without leaving scars.
Can laser hair removal permanently remove hair
Laser hair removal can achieve the effect of permanent hair removal, but it generally needs 3-5 times of treatment, because hair growth needs to go through the growth period, degenerative period and resting period. 75% of hair in the growth period is effective, 25% in the degenerative period, and almost ineffective in the resting period. Only after the hair turns into the growth period can the laser work. Therefore, laser hair removal needs many times to have obvious effect. Based on different growth cycles in different parts, the interval of each treatment is also different. If the head hair has a relatively short rest period, the interval can be as short as 1 month, and the rest period of trunk and limb hair is relatively long, so the treatment interval should be 2 months.
Precautions for laser hair removal
- Before operation, the patient’s past medical history should be carefully asked and fully communicated with the patient. The patient with contraindications to laser hair removal cannot be treated;
- Before treatment, shave the hair of the treatment part, clean the part and remove grease and dirt;
- Select appropriate treatment parameters according to different patients, different skin properties and pain tolerance;
- During treatment, proper eye protection should be done, including the subject, operator and observers in the treatment room;
- After treatment, apply cold compress to the treatment site immediately for 15 to 30 minutes, which can reduce or reduce the adverse reactions after treatment.
Nursing care after laser hair removal
- There may be erythema, edema or blisters around hair follicles and local pain in the hair removal area after operation. Cooling measures can be taken and ice pack can be used continuously;
- The hair removal area shall be mainly protected from sun and moisture to reduce the incidence of pigmentation or hypopigmentation and accelerate skin repair;
- The treatment of wound surface should strengthen nursing to prevent infection. If necessary, external or oral antibiotics can be used;
- Because laser hair removal only works on growing hair and does not work on hair follicles in resting and degenerative stages, laser hair removal requires multiple treatments, and the interval between each treatment is 4-8 weeks.
The effect of laser hair removal is the best in the growth period of hair. The more melanin secretion, the better the treatment effect. Laser hair removal has little effect on hair in degenerative and resting stages, but laser hair removal can inhibit the rapid growth of hair in a short time to achieve the predetermined effect.